Getting Started

I realized that lately (as in the past few years) I have been eating the same ingredients every week by disguising them in slightly different dishes. It's only when I go out of town that I try new foods. I like to think this is because I have very little time and money to prepare new foods. Not true!

And so the birth of this blog. I have wanted to start a blog about anything and everything food related for some time. A project for my Food and Culture course has finally given me the motivation. The assignment? Investigate and report on the local cultural foods community. We were given a list of grocery stores and restaurants in the area to choose from.

Because restaurants are typically more expensive than home-cooked meals and because my home-cooked meals needed some spicing up, I decided to prepare several recipes using ingredients purchased from the ethnic market I investigated.

First Stop: A-Z International Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment